West Indies at the World Cup
Should you fear the West Indies at the World Cup? Here are statistical reasons why you should and shouldn't
Why you should fear :
*Shai Hope has been very good when chasing a target, averaging 49.52 with the bat. 3 of his 4 centuries have come when batting second.
* Shimron Hetmyer has made 4 centuries in just 25 one day internationals.
*Chris Gayle's form this year is superb with scores of 135, 50, 162 and 77.
* Andre Russell has hit 54 sixes in 52 matches and has a quality strike rate of 130.45.
Why you shouldn't fear :
*Shai Hope averages 34.50 in England, down on his overall average of 45.56
* Shimron Hetmyer has never played a one day international in English conditions.
* Chris Gayle is no spring will be 40 in September..
* Andre Russell has only played 1 one day match for the West Indies in the last 4 years.
About Chris Gayle:
* 10,151 one day runs (14th overall, 2nd highest after Brian Lara for the West Indies).
*Played one day cricket in 25 different countries.
*Scored over 1,000 runs in England.
* 314 sixes is 2nd most of all time (behind Shahid Afridi).
* Averaging 106.00 in 2019 with a strike rate of 134.17
* One of only two players (Martin Guptill is the other) to have made World Cup double centuries.